What Does Your IT Infrastructure Look Like?
Infrastructure Security is about protecting the technology tools used to run your business. Think about those tools, whether it’s an Internet connection that allows you to send and receive critical email communication from your computer, or a more complex system with servers and software for maintaining and accessing critical business data. What would happen if someone or something took those tools away?
Mission Critical Systems offers IT services in Colorado and can help you secure your infrastructure.
Technology infrastructure is under threat from a number of avenues:
- External entities looking to exploit vulnerabilities on publicly-accessible services (email, websites, remote access, etc.)
- External entities able to gain access internally due to lax Wifi security or tricking an employee for a password
- Internal entities causing damage, either inadvertently or on purpose
- Malware and Ransomware
- Failures due to aging hardware and software
- Lack of backups, or incomplete/untested backups
- Disasters, ranging from simple power outages to full infrastructure loss
Securing your infrastructure is the first step in protecting your business. Poor infrastructure security drastically increases the chances that one or more the threats listed above become a reality. Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the technology you use is critical for planning how to decrease the opportunity for one of those threats to occur.